As your business grows there are times you need professional financial advice and strategic guidance, but you’re not quite ready for a full-time CFO or Controller. Let Clear Accounting’s CFO consulting services fill the need. Our seasoned finance executive works with you to support key financial decisions, define strategy, and be a critical sounding board. We’ll make sure your company is operating effectively and on track to meet sustainable objectives. We support you in all finance areas: internal controls, budgeting and planning, profitability analysis, tax strategies, capital investments, bank and investor relations, cash management, long-range forecasting, and mergers and acquisitions.
Get the guidance you need to make tough strategic business decisions with confidence.
Strategic Business Planning
A business plan is a critical tool to obtain financing. In fact, most lending institutions and private investors will not even talk to you without a solid financial plan.
But it’s more than that—preparing a strategic plan leads you to clarify company direction, set priorities, identify gaps, and get the leadership team on the same page. You need a business plan if you are:
- Launching a new venture
- Expanding a current organization with a new product or service, or launching into a new market
- Buying a new business, product or service
- Turning around a declining business
Remember: Failing to plan is planning to fail. Let Clear Accounting help you develop a powerful plan that drives your business to success.
New Business Formation
Starting a business is an exciting prospect, and there are many details and decisions to attend to. Making solid plans and setting up effective systems right from the start will save you potential complications down the road. To get you launched out of the gate, Clear Accounting will help you with all the key steps:
- Business plan
- Start-up capital needs and sources
- Borrowing power assessment
- Selecting the right business structure based on tax, legal, operating and other considerations
- Accounting software and set up
- Cash flow budget to ensure you are able to operate through break even and profitability
- Set up billing and collection practices to maximize your cash flow
- Establish procedures to monitor and control costs
- Choose the best options for home office and other deductions
- Prepare and file all required licenses, tax ID applications, and permits
- Set up compliant employment and payroll processes when you bring on your first employee
- Help you determine your business insurance needs
- Establish effective and fair partnership agreements between the founders
When the time comes to negotiate a sale or merger, bring in new shareholders, resolve disputes associated with liability, shareholder equity, estate planning or marital dissolution, you need an objective valuation. Valuing a business is part art and part science. Clear Accounting works closely with you to analyze operations and historical financials and projections to make the difference in securing the best value for your assets.
If you own a business, eventually you have to answer some critical questions:
“What will happen to the business when I’m no longer running it?
“Will I have enough money to retire?”
In the U.S. seven out of ten family-owned businesses fail to survive the transition from founder to second generation, typically falling prey to either estate taxes or family discord—or both. Developing and executing a well-designed success plan is essential to preserve value and harmony. Clear Accounting will help you sort through the implications and make decisions on all of the key issues: keeping it in the family vs. selling the company, ownership and management transition, minimizing tax impact, business valuation, and more. You’ll rest easy knowing the future of the business is in good hands.